A kitten requires a different form of litter product than the adult cats because they are more delicate and need special care in using the litter box. So, if you are planning to buy litter for your kitten, the following are a review of the top best cat litter for kittens.
Do Kittens Need Special Litter?
The clump litters are not recommended for kittens below the age of 2 months. This is because this is the age when the kittens learn how to ingest the things around them and thus, may end up ingesting the clumps. So, make sure to use the non-clumping litter and maybe introduce the clumping after the age of 2 months.
What Cat Litter Is Best For Kittens?
Is It Ok to Use Clumping Litter for Kittens?
Clumping litter should be used with a kitten from the age of 3 months and above. Also, make sure to use the litter made of natural ingredients like corn, pine, and nut hulls as such ingredients are safer for the kittens.
Picking the Best Cat Litter For Kittens to Use
|Best Clumping - Dr. Elsey's Premium Herbal Scent Multi-cat Cat Litter||$29.99 ($0.75 / Pound)||Check Latest Price|
|Best Crystal Litter - Fresh Step Premium Scented Cat Litter||$28.96 ($0.11 / Ounce)||Check Latest Price|
|Best Natural - Naturally Fresh Walnut Based Scented/Unscented Kitten Training Litter||Check Latest Price|
|Best Dust Free - ARM and HAMMER Clump and Seal For Multiple Cats Platinum Cat Litter||$28.99||Check Latest Price|
|Best Non Clumping - Purina Yesterday's News Unscented Paper Cat Litter||$23.00 ($0.11 / Ounce)||Check Latest Price|
|Best with Low Dust Formula - Fresh Step Advanced Extreme Clumping Cat Litter||$9.54 ($0.04 / Ounce)||Check Latest Price|
|Best Lightweight - Purina Tidy Cat Clumping Cat Litter||$22.48 ($0.08 / Ounce)||Check Latest Price|
|Best Easy Scooping - Purina Tidy Cat 24/7 Clumping Cat litter||$69.00 ($0.09 / Ounce)||Check Latest Price|
|Best Clumping - Cat's Pride Fresh Scent and Fresh Multi-Cat Litter||$8.62 ($0.86 / Pound)||Check Latest Price|
When Can Kittens Use Cat Litter?
The kittens can start to learn how to use litter when they reach around three weeks.
Can a Kitten Die from Eating Cat Litter?
The ingested clumps cause blockage on the digestion system making it impossible for the kitten to digest food. This is dangerous and if the issue is not corrected on time, the kitten may die.
Do Kittens Need Non-clumping Litter?
Non-clumping litter is more preferred for a kitten since unlike the clumping ones, it does not form any clumps. The non-clumping litter eliminates the possibility of the kitten swallowing the waste which is quite harmful to their digestive system.
What’s the Best Way to Litter Train a Kitten?
- Show the kitten the location of the litter box the moment it gets home
- Occasionally set the kitten in the litter box and allow it to stay in there for a while, especially after meals and after naps
- Recognize and reward the kitten whenever it succeeds in using the litter box
- Do not scold it in case it accidentally messes in other areas of the room or house
How to Select the Perfect Litter for Your Kitten?
Your kitten may need to move the litter box to a different corner or a place that it is comfortable using it. In this case, buy the litter that is light in weight and that does not add bulkiness to the litter box.
Consider silica and crystal litter
These two types of litter models are excellent for a kitten since they help to attract them to the litter box, thus lessening your training work.
The number of cats you have
If you have more than one kitten in the house, you should look for the litter made for multiple cats use.
Best Cat Litter For Kittens Reviews on the Market
If you are planning to buy a kitten for your house then you might as well get this cat litter from Dr. Elsey’s. The litter contains an infusion of the multi-cat formula that is essential for training the cats on how to use the litter box. It attracts the cats to the litter box to lessen the training hustles and time.
This litter has very minimal dust and odor control to prevent tracking on the floor and to ensure the safety of people and your kitten as well. Other than this, this litter helps to keep the surrounding smelling fresh even after the cat uses the litter box. It works pretty fast to absorb all the urine and feces from the cat and immediately clumps it for easy disposal.
- This litter is 99 percent dust-free to prevent tracking
- It fits people who are allergic to dust
- You can use this litter to train your kitten on how to use the litter box
- It is suitable for sifting as well
- This litter is super expensive
One pack comes with two containers of the litter for your little pet. It is made of crystals that help attract the kitten to the litter box. They also help to control bad odor around the area you have set the litter box since it immediately dries up the litter from the animal.
The litter is quite efficient and controls bad odor for up to 30 days. It is light in weight for easy pouring, and your kitten can comfortably move the litter box to their preferred area.
It has low dust particles to reduce tracking and ensure the safety of your kitten. It also features ascent that adds a great smell in the room.
- This litter is light in weight
- It helps control bad odor
- It helps train the kitten how to access the litter box
- The litter adds a great smell in the room
- The scent from the litter is too strong and may be toxic to some cats
This litter does not have any dust formation to ensure your kitten has an easy time breathing. This feature ensures to keep your home clean after the cat uses the litter box.
It features natural and fresh ingredients that absorb the urine and poop within the shortest time. Collecting the elimination from the litter box is super easy since it forms small clumps for easy collection.
The clumps are also biodegradable to safeguard the environment. Note that this litter does no stick on the cat’s paws to ensure the comfort of the cat when moving around.
- The litter absorbs the litter 3 times faster
- It does not stick on the cat’s paws
- It is biodegradable for easy disposal
- This litter is scented with natural scents from pine and corn
- The clumps formed are not too hard; hence, they may break when one is scooping them
Although this litter may cost you more than other models, it is quite reliable, especially for a kitten. It is purely free off the dust to protect the respiratory system of the cat and ensure your house is clean throughout as well.
This litter ensures to keep the house smelling fresh for a long time since it immediately absorbs the urine and feces for easy and fast disposal. This also makes it comfortable for the cat to use the box after elimination.
You can leave the same litter for a whole week since it lasts for up to 7 days before losing the absorption power. It also forms hard rock clumps for easy scooping when disposing of the litter, and to prevent the kitten from ingesting them.
- This litter has no dust for the safety of the kitten and the house
- It is light in weight
- The litter eliminates the odor for up to 7 days
- It eliminates the smell 10 times faster
- This litter is quite expensive
This litter has high absorption power since it can absorb the litter 3 times faster and efficiently. It is ideal for kittens because it has no dust fumes. It is made of newspaper to minimize tracking in the room.
Zero fragrance makes it the right choice for people allergic to strong scents. But, note that it helps to keep the house smelling fresh even after the cat’s elimination since it absorbs and dries up the urine and feces.
- This litter controls the bad odor coming from the litter bin
- It works 3 times faster in absorbing the smell
- It is unscented to ensure excellent and natural smell around the house
- It is light in weight
- Flushing this litter is not easy since it takes a lot of time to drain down the toilet.
This litter forms hard clumps on collecting the cat’s poop and urine to prevent it from reaching the bottom area of the litter box. It also helps to control bad odor from coming out of the litter box by drying up the absorbed poop and urine.
You can comfortably leave the litter for up to 10 days without worrying about the box emitting an awful smell since it remains fresh for 10 days. It features activated charcoal infusion that helps to keep off bad odor coming from the litter box. Note that this litter is also scented to provide sweet smell around the house.
- This litter helps to eliminate bad odor in the room
- It forms hard clumps for easy emptying the litter box
- It provides fresh smell in the area where you set it up
- The litter keeps the place smelling fresh for up to 10 days
- This litter may emit some specks of dust.
This cat litter is made in lightweight form to prevent it from adding weight to the litter box so your cat can comfortably move the litter box around. It has low dust formation to reduce tracking and safeguard the kitten and people round by ensuring a good flow of fresh air in the house.
This product is infused with ammonia that works magic in trapping the urine and feces from the kitten to eliminate bad odor spreading in the house. It also forms small and hard clumps on absorbing the cat’s elimination that is easy to discard since all you need is to scoop out the clumps to clean the litter box.
- This litter forms clumps for easy cleaning the litter box
- It is light in weight
- It keeps the litter box smelling fresh for a long time
- It has low dust emission to reduce tracking
- The strong scent equipped on this litter may be uncomfortable to some people
This is another great litter pack from Purina suitable for kittens. The litter forms clump on collecting the urine and feces on the litter box. The bag weighs about 12 pounds; hence, the litter is super light for a kitten to move the box whenever they want to.
This pack is convenient and safe for the environment since it can be recycled. The litter forms tight and large clumps for easy scooping when cleaning the litter box. Note that you can also use it in a home with multiple kittens since it easily and quickly absorbs the cat’s eliminations.
- This litter ensures to quickly absorb the feces and urine from the cat to keep the box clean and dry
- It fits homes with multiple kittens
- The bag can be recycled to ensure the safety of the environment
- The litter clumps for easy cleaning the litter box
- Some customers have complained about the litter emitting a strong scent
This pack is suitable for small cats because it helps in training them on how to use the litter box. You just need a small scoop of the litter as it is powerful in controlling cleanliness around the area where you have set the litter box.
It immediately absorbs the urine and feces from the cat to form small disposable clumps. This litter has no dust that helps to prevent tracking, and ensure there is good airflow in the room.
This litter is super light in weight for comfort when pouring to the litter box. It also comes with a warranty for quality assurance.
- This litter is quite affordable
- It is suitable for people with more than the cat since it can last them for long
- The litter does not emit any dust particles in the room
- It forms clumps for easy emptying the litter
- Although the manufacturers advise on flushing this litter, it is not a good idea since it takes longer to flush down the toilet and may even cause a blockage.
Tips for Training Your Kitten to Use the Litter Box
- Make sure to keep the litter box in a place that your kitten can easily access it or see it
- If you have more than one kitten, it advisable that you buy enough litter boxes to fit the cats
- Choose a litter box that is easy to access by your kitten. If it has a door, ensure the door swings easily when touched. Opt for a litter box that is fully opened on the top since it is much easier to access by the kitten.
Keep the house clean and fresh from bad odor by acquiring the above-reviewed litter for kittens. They work magic in training the cats on how to use the litter box. These litter products are also safe to use with kittens because they have low to zero dust that ensures to keep the surface clean and with a good flow of air.