If you have a male cat, you will realize that they have different litter habits than female cats; therefore, having the best litter box for male cats will make your lives easier.
Most of the male cats love to kick their litter box, and since there’s nothing worse than cleaning litter outside the box, you will need the suitable litter that solves any of your current litter box’s shortcomings.
Generally, it is essential to have the necessary information about these litter boxes for a male cat.
What is the Best Litter Box for Male Cats?
Is There a Difference Between Litter Box for Male Cats and Female Cats?
Generally, there isn’t a difference between the litter boxes designed for male and female cats but what really matters is their toilet habits, impacting the type of litter box. In other words, both male and female cats can use the same litter box if they are friendly since conflicts might arise in some instances.
The Best Litter Box for Male Cats Reviews
Choosing the best litter box for male cats can be challenging, so we have researched various brands to find the best quality based on their design, whether they are self-cleaning, highly rated, prices, and durability. Therefore, don’t hesitate to consider the following best litter box for male cats.
Van Ness CP2HS is a perfect example of a basic and affordable litter box. It is equipped with features that the experts recommend to keep your male cat happy.
Van Ness CP2HS has a high side that controls the litter and urine from getting out of the litter box. With this brand, you don’t have to worry about odor and stain due to its highly polished finish that neither attracts the odor nor stain.
Similarly, the smooth surfaces make it easier for you to scoop and clean; therefore, you won’t be spending much time dealing with it.
Nature’s Miracle litter box features high sides and non-sticky surfaces, thus offering a conducive environment for your male cat to do its business. Unlike some other high-sided litter boxes that are high all way round, this brand possesses an entry point making it suitable for older male cats or those mobility issues.
Measuring 23.4 by 18.25 inches at the top, Nature’s Miracle can comfortably be used by bigger male cats. Consequently, non-sticking surfaces will facilitate your cleaning and scooping of the wastes.
If you are looking for a litter box that ensures complete privacy, this brand could be your best choice. Its construction features a dome lid encloses your male cats on all the sides. It is built with a charcoal filter that absorbs odors; therefore, you can place it in any place in your room.
Cleaning it up is not a difficult task due to a non-sticky material. Unlike other litter boxes where the cat can dirt your floor with their paws, Petmate Booda Dome Litter Box has a grooved step entrance that wipes their feet as the exit.
If you are looking for a litter box that keeps the cat’s litter in the box, then you need to consider this brand. It features tall walls, thus keeping the spray inside while keeping the dirt out. Similarly, the open-top offers your male cat easy and quick access to the box.
What draws our attention is its highly-polished interior surfaces, making the litter box easy to clean while the deep pan design provides a semi-private space where your male cat can do his business.
Petphabet Covered Litter Box offers a roomy space where two make cats can comfortably sit in at the same time. Generally, male cats feel insecure when using a covered cat litter box since they feel that they can be ambushed, but with our pick, the top cover is clear, which guarantees their confidence while using it.
The high back will also protect the litter from spilling over, especially if your male cat loves to dig. Consequently, Petphabet Covered Litter Box is constructed with a non-stick plastic cover that facilitates easy cleaning.
If you want a well-designed, attractive option, this brand should be at the top of your wish list. Petmate Booda Dome features an enclosed design that ensures the privacy of your male cat. The charcoal filter helps eliminate the odor as it absorbs, therefore, creating a conducive environment.
Similarly, the entrance is raised, preventing the litter from scattering as your male cat steps out; thus, you can be placed in any room of your home. When it comes to cleaning it, you won’t take much time since it lacks ridges that can hold the wastes while cleaning hence easy to clean.
How to Pick the Best Litter Box for Male Cats?
Picking the best litter box for male cats can be challenging if you are not well-armed with the choosing tips. Here are what you should consider;
– Consider the Right Size
Male cats are always selective; therefore, if you choose a litter box that is either too small or too big, they may not want to use it. But since you don’t want to be cleaning their messes, ensure that you know the litter box’s appropriate size for your male cat. To satisfy this, you need to know the size of your male cat; for instance, if your male cat is overweight, you will need to consider a litter box whose door opening is big enough to allow your cat in and out comfortably.
– Easy to Scoop and Clean
Since these litter boxes for male cats come in different designs, you need to consider the ones that can easily be cleaned. This is because some designs have ridges and crevices where the clumped litter and the cat waste get stuck, thus making the scooping and cleaning process hard. However, the best litter box for male cats is smooth enough to avoid collecting clumps. Consequently, there are self-cleaning litter boxes for male cats; therefore, it will be wise to consider a self-cleaning cat litter box for male cats if you cannot do it yourself.
- AUTOMATICALLY REMOVES WASTE: No scooping, cleaning or refilling your cat's litter box for weeks .Five times better odor control than traditional clumping litter. Absorbs liquid waste and dehydrates solid waste in minutes
- UNBEATABLE ODOR CONTROL: Crystal litter removes smell by absorbing urine and dehydrating solid waste; includes one disposable ScoopFree litter tray with crystal litter
- NO MORE MESSY FLOORS: Low-tracking crystals are 99% dust free and don’t stick to your cat’s paws
- LEAK PROTECTION: Disposable trays have a plastic lining to help protect against leaking and keep your floors clean
- EASY CLEANUP: Simply remove the tray and throw it away; each tray includes a lid for quick disposal
- MONITOR YOUR CAT'S HEALTH: The health counter and motion sensors keep track of how many times your furry feline uses the box
- FOR USE WITH CRYSTAL LITTER ONLY: For optimal performance, use ScoopFree Premium Crystal Litter with your automatic litter box
- Five times better odor control than traditional clumping litter. Absorbs liquid waste and dehydrates solid waste in minutes
– Consider the Toilet Habit of Your Male Cat
The toilet habit of male cats often varies from one male cat to another; therefore, you need to know your male cat’s toilet habit to decide which litter box you should go for. For instance, if your male cat is a kicker, he will move the cat litter from one corner to another hence causing spillages; therefore, you will need to choose a cat litter box with higher sides. Similarly, if you have an older male cat, the best litter box for senior cats with easy mobility is the best choice that avoids setting it at a higher area. However, some have steps to help them access the opening.
– Budget Size
Once you have considered your male cat’s toilet habits, sample out the best cat litters for your male cat that falls within your set budget range. Their prices depend on their features and designs; for instance, a self-cleaning litter box for male cats is often priced higher than the standard litter boxes for male cats. However, before buying one, remember to stick to your budget to avoid overspending. And since there are multiple retailers, don’t rush but instead, take your time to shop around and assure you a suitable product.
– Decide on the Number of Litter Boxes You Need for Your Male Cat
How many male cats do you have? Answering this will help you determine the right number. However, depending on the number of male cats you have, you should consider having a plus one litter box. This means that if you have one male cat, then you should have at least two litter boxes for your cat. It is advisable to have more litter boxes than the number of your male cats.
Tips on Using the Litter Box for Male Cats
Among the challenges faced by the cat owners is dealing with a litter box since they have to find a way of eliminating odor, ensuring that their male cat uses a litter box, keeping the floor clean, scooping, and refilling the litter box. Therefore, we have found the need to provide you with tips for making your male cat comfortable. Here are the tips;
- Place the litter box in an accessible and quiet place: avoid placing the litter box for the male cat close to his water and food bowls. Similarly, the litter box should be out of sight for your male cat to feel secured. Avoid places with a loud washer or heater since privacy matters to your male cat.
- Use baking soda to arrest bad odors: not all male cats can be comfortable with scented litter; therefore, you need to put the baking soda in the litter at the bottom of the litter box. But be cautious with the amount since it can offend your male cat due to its smell.
- Wash the litter box: you need to scoop out your male cat’s waste from the litter box based on your male cat’s toilet habit. Also, conduct a simple washing to help eliminate bad odors.
- Don’t place the litter box close to things that can absorb the smell: Things like curtains, carpets, furniture, and pillows can absorb bad odors. Similarly, don’t hang or place your clothes next to the litter box since they might end up absorbing bad odors.
- Refill the litter box with litter to about 3 inches deep: don’t be surprised to realize that your male cat doesn’t use an overfilled litter box; therefore, a 3-inch-deep will be enough for your male cat to dig around.
- Have enough litter boxes: depending on the number of male cats you have, ensure that you have enough litter boxes for each male cat plus one. If you have two cats, ensure that you have three litter boxes.
What Sizes of Litter Boxes for Large Male Cats?
Size is the crucial part of the litter box for large male cats; therefore; therefore, you need to consider a size that will allow your large male cat to turn and move around. Generally, the size of the litter box should be 1.5 times the length of your male cat. For you to achieve an appropriate size, follow the following guidelines;
- Obtain the measurement of your male cat’s body from the neck to the tail. But don’t include the tail in your size.
- Once you have obtained the measurement, the litter box length should be 1.5 times your large male cat’s body measurement. For instance, if the body length is 20 inches, then the litter box length should be 30 inches.
- But if you want a covered litter box, you should add 2 more inches to its length. If you take an example that we have given above, you need to add 2 inches to make 32 inches.
The rule also applies when determining the height of the litter box.
Therefore, you need to make your large male cat comfortable by adhering to the litter box’s required size.
Make your male cat comfortable by considering the best litter box that matches his toilet habits and general behavior. From our guide, landing on the best cat litter for your male cat depends on your decision; therefore, you need to be careful. However, to simplify your work, we have reviewed the best brands; hence you can base your selection.