The best cat litter for humidity is the litter that helps in absorbing the cat messes and can also be used for other services such as dehumidifying the room. These types of litters consist of high absorbent power to suck all the moisture in the area you set them.
Does Cat Litter Absorb Humidity?
The answer to this is yes! But, not all the cat litters are convenient when it comes to absorbing moisture in the room. The litters made of clay or silica gel does a great job in absorbing the humidity since they are more absorbent as opposed to other models. However, you can use cat litters to absorb excess moisture in the room.
· Best Cat Litter For Humidity – Purine Yesterday’s New Unscented Paper Cat Litter
· Best Non-Clumping – Tidy Cats Purina Non-Clumping Cat Litter
· Best Natural – Okocat Natural Paper Cat Litter
· Best Lightweight – Mimi Pet cat Litter Silica Gel Crystals
· Best Odor Control – Fresh Step Extreme Clay
Can You Use Cat Litter As a Dehumidifier?
Cat litters have a wide variety of uses other than helping to control odour by absorbing the cat’s urine and feces. The litter can also be used as a humidifier since it absorbs any form of liquid, including moisture to leave the area dry and free of any moisture. For excellent results, ensure to choose the cat litters that are made of clay. Also, note that some cat litters are scented in case you want to add some fresh smell in the room. Cat litters are mainly essential for use in the smallest areas in your house like under the furniture or at the corners where other humidifiers cannot reach.
Clumping Vs Non-clumping Cat Litter
Cat litters work in two different ways which are the clumping litter and the non-clumping litter. Some customers have a problem choosing between the two considering they are all effective in maintaining a clean and odor-free litter box. But, which is the best litter product?
These types of litters have been on the market for a while and are preferred due to their high levels of absorbency. The non-clumping litter can absorb excessive quantities of urine. They come either scented or no scented. Most of the scented non-clumping litters are infused with baking soda and charcoal to ensure fresh smell.
One of the drawbacks, the absorbed urine, and feces does no separate on the top. Thus, you have to empty the entire box and replace it with a new litter. This has to be done regularly maybe two times a week.
- Four (4) 10 lb. Bags - Purina Tidy Cats Non Clumping Cat Litter, Instant Action Low Tracking Cat Litter
- Virtually maintenance-free for up to a week. Designed for low tracking
- Non-clumping for easy litter box maintenance. Formulated for multiple-cat households
- Moisture-activated odor control system. Neutralizes ammonia odor
- Fast-acting formula traps odors right away. 99.6 percent dust-free
The clumping litters are the litter that forms clumps immediately on absorbing the urine and cat feces. They have reliable absorbent power and they also come either scented or non-scented. The clumping litters are highly preferred and are more common than the non-clumping ones due to their reliability in emptying the litter box. The clumps are easy to collect from the litter box and you can use them for long. All you need to do is scoop the spoiled litter and leave the rest.
- One (1) 40 lb. Bag - Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter, 24/7 Performance Multi Cat Litter
- Tidy Cats pail refill with online exclusive packaging (packaging may vary). Guaranteed 10 days of odor control when used as directed
- Slow-release deodorizing system ensures continuous odor control. Tight, strong clumps for easy scooping
- Low dust formula for a clean pour into the litter box. Clean linen scent helps you maintain a fresh-smelling home
- Made with natural clay plus a deodorizing system. Designed to accommodate multiple cats
- Two (2) 20 lb. Jugs - Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter, 4-in-1 Strength Multi Cat Litter
- Attacks and neutralizes urine, fecal, ammonia and bacterial odors on litter for 10-day guaranteed odor control when used as directed
- Clay cat litter features powerful clumping action for easy cleanup and offers a complex floral scent
- Low dust scoopable cat litter formula made with natural clay plus an advanced deodorizing system is formulated for multiple cats
- A product of 70 years of Tidy Cats expertise, this clay kitty litter locks in moisture to help keep cats dry and comfortable
So which is the best?
The choice between the two depends on the customer’s needs. If you need a litter that you can often empty, the non-clumping is the right option for you. It also has excellent absorbent power. But if you need a litter that is easy and fast to empty, consider getting the clumping one since it is super easy to scoop from the litter box.
How to Use Cat Litter to Reduce Humidity
All you need to do is add the cat litter in a container and place it in the room or area where you want to remove the moisture. You can put the litter in an open container or if you are using a closed container, make sure to make some holes on the lid to all the absorbent processes take place.
Reviews of Best Cat Litter for Humidity
1. Best Cat Litter For Humidity – Purine Yesterday’s New Unscented Paper Cat Litter
Keep your cat and the litter box clean and smelling fresh all through by acquiring this cat litter product. It works three times faster than other litters in absorbing the urine and poops to prevent it from penetrating the bottom area of the litter box. This cat litter is not scented; hence, you don’t need to worry about your house getting funny smells while controlling the cat’s odor. The granules of this litter are safe and easily adaptable to the cat, plus consist of low tracking than other clay litters. This litter is non-clumping and provides a great surface for the cat to use the litter box more than ones. This litter from Purine yesterday’s litter is sold at an affordable price and one pack can last you for a while since you just need a small scoop per set.
- This litter has low tracking
- The price is affordable to the majority of cat owners
- It absorbs the cat urine and feces 3 times faster
- There is an added fragrance to the litter
- It helps control the odour from the cat litter box all through
- Does not clump
2. Best Non-Clumping – Tidy Cats Purina Non-Clumping Cat Litter
This cat litter product is reliable and works the entire day in keeping the litter box clean and free from bad odour. It is user friendly for all cats including the kittens. It is durable since a small scoop can last you for an entire day. This litter does not clump making it easy and natural to use by all cats, including the ones learning how to use a litter box. This litter has excellent absorption power where it immediately absorbs the urine and poops of the cat to keep the litter box dry throughout. You don’t need to keep on checking the litter box since the litter ensures to keep the area smelling fresh by eliminating the bad odour. This litter does not produce high quantities of dust, thus ensuring your cat and the air on the surrounding is fresh throughout.
- This litter pack comes with three packages to last you for long
- It has low production of dust
- It works 24/7 to keep the litter box clean to allow multiple cats to use
- The litter helps eliminate bad odour from the cat’s messes
- This litter is quite expensive
3. Best Natural – Okocat Natural Paper Cat Litter
One of the best features of this cat litter is zero dust production. This makes it easy and convenient to use the cat litter even in a home with people allergic to dust. The litter features a transparent paper-like look which makes it the perfect option for cats learning how to use the litter box. This litter has high absorbing power where it immediately absorbs the urine and poop from the cat by drying it to control the odour. Therefore, you can set your cat in any corner of your house since you don’t need to worry about a foul smell coming from the litter box. This litter does not clump making it super easy to clean the litter. There is no scent or other artificial chemicals added to this litter. The high absorbent power of the paper pallet ensures to keep the room smelling fresh even after the cat uses the litterbox multiple times.
- This litter is quite light in weight
- It is dust-free to keep the air fresh around the house
- Cleaning the litter box is easy since the litter does not clump
- The litter helps to eliminate bad odour of the cat’s messes
- Some people may have problems collecting the cat messes with this litter.
4. Best Lightweight – Mimi Pet cat Litter Silica Gel Crystals
This cat litter consists of silica crystal that helps attract the cat to the litter box. Thus, it is the perfect option for people who are training cats on how to use the litter box or tray. The litter is light in weight so holding and scooping it to pour on the litter box is super easy. Each pack consists of four pounds of litter that can last you for a month. But, keep in mind the period to use the litter is determined by how often your cat litters. The litter is recommendable as it helps control the odour in the house by absorbing and drying the cat’s urine and feces. The litter has zero dust production to prevent messing the air and the floors when the cat steps on it.
- The litter helps control bad odour from the litter box
- It absorbs the urine and feces pretty fast
- The litter is biodegradable to ensure the safety of the environment
- It has zero dust production
- This cat litter is way too expensive
5. Best Odor Control – Fresh Step Extreme Clay
This clay litter does not track to ensure the comfort of your cat even after using the litter box constantly. It is scented to ensure the circulation of a good scent around the area where the litter box is set. One pack weighs about 21 pounds of litter that can last you for a month if you have one cat. The litter is infused with an antimicrobial that helps prevent the growth of bacteria from the cat’s messes. It also helps to absorb and dry up the messes to prevent it from messing the litter box. It works pretty fast since it tracks the urine and the feces immediately the cat uses the litterbox.
- This litter has activated carbon to trap bad odour
- It works pretty fast to dry up the urine and feces from the cat
- It is quite durable
- The litter ensures the safety of the cat by preventing the growth of bacteria after urinating or pooping.
- This litter does not clump
6. Best Self-sifting Cat Litter Box – Van Ness Sifting Enclosed Cat Litter
If you want a litter box that you don’t need to empty after every use then you need this litter box. Other than being a scoop free litter box, it is infused with odour control mechanisms that prevent bad odours from coming off the box. This is because it keeps the cat’s mess intact, unlike other boxes that feature an open design. The litter box comes in different colors for you to choose your preferred color. The bright colors also help to attract the cat to the litter box. It is super easy to clean for easy maintenance and has a high-quality polish finish. The cat litter bin features handle on top for comfortable holding when carrying it.
- This is an easy to maintain cat litter
- It helps conceal bad odour from spreading in the house
- It comes in different colors
- The litter can is light in weight for easy carrying around
- Emptying the cat’s litter on this box is super easy
- The sieve holes are relatively large to hold the non-clumping litter
7. Best Self-cleaning Cat Litter Box – PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Cat Litter Box
If you don’t need to keep cleaning your cat litter box now and then, get this magnificent litter box. It is designed with self-cleaning mechanisms since it comes with a disposable tray, crystal litter, and a hood. There is no scooping needed when emptying this box since it automatically disposes of the litter when the cat uses it. The crystal equipped in the box helps to control the odour from the cats by absorbing and drying up the urine and feces. The whole box is made of sturdy and durable plastic material that is resistant to leakage to keep the surrounding fresh and clean. This litter box is super easy to clean since the messes do not stick on the walls. All you need to do is remove the tray to dispose of the waste.
- This is easy an to maintain the litter box
- It features anti-leakage mechanisms
- The litter box helps to control bad odour from the cat’s messes
- It is 99 dust-free
- The box may be too small to fit some cats
Keep the area around the cat litter box clean and smelling fresh by acquiring the above litter products. They work magic in absorbing the cat’s messes to prevent the growth of bacteria and ensure a good flow of air. These litters do not produce much dust ensuring a good flow of air in the house especially if you have family members allergic to dust. Note that this review features some litter boxes essential for people who don’t want a litter box that requires scooping when emptying. So, check out the review to choose the litter or litter box to suit your cat and maintenance needs.
|Best Cat Litter For Humidity||Purine Yesterday’s Unscented Cat Litter|
|Best Non-Clumping||Tidy Cats Purina Non-Clumping Cat Litter|
|Best Natural||Okocat Natural Paper Cat Litter|