Ragdoll cats are classified among the furry cats since they have medium to large hair growth. Therefore, when choosing a litter box for such cats, you need to consider the sizing and the general crafting of the litter box. These cats have silky hair that efficiently traps litter, mainly if you use clay litter products.
So, a large litter box may work to ensure the waste does not clump on their hair, considering they have enough space to move around the box. Which are the best litter boxes for ragdoll cats? Here is more information about the right litter boxes for ragdolls and what makes them different.
What is the Best Litter Box for Ragdoll Cats?
What Makes Ragdoll Cats Different?
The peeing style
The male ragdoll cats have high peeing behavior, and therefore, you need to consider getting a more extensive and high walled litter box to ensure the urine does not penetrate the litter box’s outer parts.
They are shy
These cats are so friendly and easy to live with since they are a bit laid back. They are a shy breed of cat that you will enjoy staying with. So, this behavior makes them want a more private space when either peeing or dropping. Therefore, monitor your cat’s behavior to be able to choose the right style of a litter box. But, note that not all cats are shy; some may need open litter boxes.
How to Choose the Best Litter Box for Ragdoll Cats?
The ragdoll cats are naturally large since they are more furry and big, and thus they may also need litter boxes that are large for comfortable fitting. Regardless, the cats also need large litter boxes to fit when accessing to use it comfortably. Also, remember that cats love to dig when burying their litter in the litter box, and so a large litter box will provide enough space for the ragdoll cat to move freely when digging.
Hooded vs. Open top
The cat’s personality highly determines the choice between the hooded and open designed litter box. Does your ragdoll cat like to dig litter after dropping? A hooded litter box may be the best choice of a litter box since it prevents the litter from scattering on the floor when the cat digs. But, keep in mind that some litter boxes have an open design with high walls that also help secure the litter inside.
The materials used to make the litter box determine its durability and reliability to the cat. If your ragdoll cat is large and heavy, a healthy cat litter box is the best choice to ensure the cat has enough support and guarantee the durability as well. A weak litter box may feel flimsy when used by a large and heavy dog; hence, limiting its durability.
Ease to clean
Cats naturally love staying in a clean environment, and this includes the litter box they are using. So, whichever litter box you buy, make sure it is easy to clean once the cat uses it. If you opt for a covered cat litter box, choose a simple model to disassemble to clean and put back in place. Choose a litter box with a nonstick coating to prevent the litter from sticking on the easy cleaning process sides.
The Best Litter Box for Ragdoll Cats Reviews
1.Best Durable – Yangbaga Stainless Steel Litter Box with Odor Control for Ragdoll cats
This litter box has stainless steel material resistant to rust and corrosion, so you can comfortably clean it whenever you need to. This litter box is made with smooth edges that prevent the cat from injuries when jumping in and out of the litter box. The best part is that this litter box is quite large to ensure the cat has comfort when using it.
If your cat kicks litter, this model will still work for you since it is tall sided to prevent the litter from dropping on the ground. Also, the litter box has anti-skid feet to secure it on the ground. Therefore, you can set up this litter box on any surface of your preference, including on slippery floors.
Although this litter box has an open design, it keeps the area smelling fresh throughout since it absorbs odor to prevent the area from smelling bad even after the cat uses the litter box. Cleaning the litter box is easy and smooth, and you don’t necessarily need to scoop out the litter.
- The litter box has non-rust material construction
- It has an open top entry for easy access by the cat
- The feet have an anti-skid design for stability
- The litter box is large to accommodate large cats
- The litter box does not have a nonstick coating at the base. So, the litter can easily stick on the base, making it hard to clean.
2. Best for Digger – Catit Jumbo Enclosed Large Cat Litter Box for Easy Accessing
The massive size of 22.44 x 16.93 x 18.11 inches in this litter box provides enough space for the cat to access and use the litter at any time. So, if your ragdoll pet is a digger, rest assured you will not have to deal with dirt and litter scattering all over the floor.
The litter box provides excellent privacy to your cat so it can use it without any distractions. It has a transparent door that swings effortlessly to open and close.
- The litter box stays odor-free thanks to the carbon filter
- The litter box has a large hood for easy access in and out
- Cleaning the litter box is easy
- The litter box provides enough space for the cat
- This litter box may not fit in small homes since it is enormous
3. Best for Sprayer – IRIS USA Large Hooded Private Litter Box for Preventing Leakage
Even ragdoll cats need privacy, especially when using the litter box, and that is why I recommend this model from IRIS. The litter box is covered all round with opaque plastic materials to ensure the cat is comfortable when using it. However, one side of the litter box has a flap door that swings for the cat to access the litter box when need be.
Moving this litter box is relatively easy since it has a handle at the top, so you can grasp it to move it around. It has robust material construction and firmly sealed seams to prevent leakage, especially if your ragdoll is a sprayer. The litter box is also light for smooth portability when shifting it. However, the litter box is stable to prevent it from moving when the cat kicks it.
- This litter box is extremely affordable
- It comes with a scoop for easy cleaning out the litters
- The litter box is relatively light for smooth portability
- Cleaning the litter box is easy
- This litter box feels a bit weak and may not last if the cat is too large and heavy
4. Best Easy Cleaning – Clean Pet Open Top Large Litter Box with High Walls
This litter box is made of plastic materials with a nonstick coating to prevent litter from sticking on the walls. Therefore, cleaning it after the cat uses is relatively easy and fast for all. This litter box has high walls that secure the litter from spreading on the floor when the cat digs.
Other than this, the litter box is quite large to accommodate sizeable furry ragdoll cats. Are you not sure about the right place to keep the litter box? Well, no need to worry as the litter box is quite portable. So, moving it around the house is comfortable. However, note that the litter box is quite sturdy and robust to accommodate heavyweights from your cat.
- This litter box is quite large
- It provides enough privacy to the cat
- Accessing in and out of the box is easy for all cats
- The litter box comes with a matching scoop for cleaning purposes
- The litter box does not prevent littering the floor since the entry side does not close up. If the cat digs while directing the litter on the entry area, it will pour on the floor.
5. Best for Multiple Cats – Petphabet Covered Litter Box with Jumbo Hooded for Ragdoll Cats
If you are looking for a litter box that can accommodate two ragdoll cats, this right here is a great choice. The huge space in the interior can fit two small to medium cats, especially those learning how to use a litter box. You don’t need to remove the upper cover to see if the litter box needs cleaning since the transparent material allows good interior visibility.
So, you can take a peek at the interior through the cover. However, for cleaning purposes, the top cover comes off pretty quickly and fast. The high walls design of the litter box prevents the litter from dropping when the cat digs.
- Cleaning this litter box is relatively easy and fast
- The litter box is large to fit up to two cats
- The litter box is easy to clean
- The lightweight makes moving this litter box easy
- This litter box may not work for a high peeing cat since it leaks on the sides.
Ragdoll Cats are the perfect cats to live with, and they also need the right litter boxes to keep them comfortable and safe. In this case, if you need a quality and durable litter box for your ragdoll cat, these are the top five best models to consider buying. The litter boxes have quality materials and styles to accommodate cats with different personalities.